Swarm Removal List
If you live on the Peninsula, in San Francisco, or in Northern Santa Clara County, call one of the beekeepers on the swarm list below, and they will come out and retrieve the swarm. We do not charge to remove swarms.
Unsure whom to call? Phone/text our swarm coordinator (650-250-4787) or email. Please include your phone number in the message, and a picture of the insects if possible.
Please note: our beekeepers are not pest control professionals. They are experienced with honey bees and can rescue them unless the bees are too high, in a wall, etc. We remove honeybees only. We are not able to work with wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, carpenter bees or bumblebees. See below for a comparison of honeybees, wasps, and yellow jackets. Also, if the "bees" nest is in the ground, those are not honeybees — they are probably wasps. San Mateo County Mosquito Abatement will remove wasps, contact them at (650) 344-8592).
Swarm Reporting for Neighboring Counties
To report a swarm outside of San Mateo County, please contact:
- Santa Clara County (San Jose) — Santa Clara Valley Beekeepers Guild
- San Francisco County — San Francisco Beekeepers Association
- Alameda County — Alameda County Beekeepers Association
- Contra Costa County (Mount Diablo) — Mount Diablo Beekeepers Association
- Marin County — Marin County Beekeepers Club
- Napa County — Beekeepers of Napa Valley
- Sonoma County — Sonoma County Beekeepers Club
Note: if you are on the swarm list and need to update your contact info, please email firstname.lastname@example.org