The Beekeepers’ Guild of San Mateo County offers a variety of classes and workshops throughout the year related to beekeeping. We provide a range of educational opportunities to suit the varied interests, approaches, and experience levels of our members and surrounding community. Please check back often, as we frequently update this list.
Additionally, we participate in several local events each year, such as the San Mateo County Fair, providing education to the public and a venue for members to sell their goods.
“All About Beekeeping” Virtual Overview Class — now online!
Our annual All About Beekeeping class was virtual this year; a series of videos giving an overview of beekeeping in the Bay Area’s mild climate, presented by Kendal Sager, a professional beekeeping educator. Class topics include:
- Overview of the time, space, cost and equipment needed
- The basics of honeybee biology and behavior
- How to care for your bees
- The benefits of keeping bees — including how to harvest honey, wax and other products
- Resources including local associations and other information so that you can start your own backyard beehive
Although the class is over, the Guild are keeping the videos available.