The Beekeeper’s Guild of San Mateo Countyoffers an email discussion group for current members. Immediate questions and concerns can be posted and answered in the group and ongoing discussion takes place. It’s the best way to be in conversation with many group members at once, and many of our members find it an invaluable resource.
When you become a member, you’ll receive an invitation to join the Discussion Group. Participation in the group is voluntary, and subject to the guidelines below. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google Group Guidelines
The Beekeepers’ Guild of San Mateo Google discussion group is provided for members to interact with each other and exchange information in an open, relaxed, and friendly atmosphere. It’s a great resource for beekeepers of all experience levels. Let’s keep this a place where everyone feels comfortable asking questions and sharing their beekeeping experiences!
- All topics and posts should be related to bees and beekeeping.
- Posters have the right to disagree with fellow Guild members and explain their perspective (we’re beekeepers, after all!) However, please be respectful and courteous, and keep language family-friendly.
- Personal attacks and flame wars are not permitted and will be cause to suspend or remove people from the Google Group. No fighting, no matter what the reason, provocation, or who started it!
- Due to the big influx of new members we get every year, there will be plenty of ‘beginner’ questions. If you’re a seasoned beekeeper and find such questions tiresome, please do not criticize the person asking. The guild never have enough beekeeping mentors to work directly with our beginners, so the google group is a crucial resource for them to learn from experienced beekeepers.
- Posts to the group are currently moderated — they need to be approved by a moderator before they appear. Posts that do not follow these guidelines will not be approved.
- Behavior that is deemed unacceptable will result in removal of your posts and/or your removal from the group.
Thank you for your help in keeping our email group a fun place to visit!