Due to Covid, this virtual class is being offered instead of our introductory primer class and our all-day in-depth class. It will consist of a series of videos for you to watch at your own pace, followed by a live Q&A session. Videos will be available no later than March 13 and the Q&A will be March 20 1-2 pm. More details will be announced when we have them. Please mark your calendars.
Cost: The class is free, but you must ‘purchase’ it for $0 to register
Information covered: Have you been thinking about becoming a beekeeper? Wondering what it’s like to keep bees? This self-paced video class covers the basics of beekeeping:
- Why keep bees
- Queen, worker, drone: which bee does what?
- The beekeeper’s year
- Where and when to get bees
- Types of beehives (Langstroth, top-bar, Warre)
- Equipment you’ll need
- Where and when to get equipment
- “Beeing” a good neighbor
- Varroa mites: to treat or not treat, types of treatment
- Harvesting honey and other hive products