If you live on the Peninsula, in San Francisco, or in Northern Santa Clara County, call one of the beekeepers on the swarm list below, and they will come out and retrieve the swarm.
Please note: our beekeepers are not pest control professionals. They are experienced with honey bees and can rescue them unless the bees are too high, in a wall, etc. We remove honeybees only. We are not able to work with wasps, hornets, yellow jackets, carpenter bees or bumblebees. See below for a comparison of honeybees, wasps, and yellow jackets. Also, if the “bees” nest is in the ground, those are not honeybees — they are probably wasps. San Mateo County Mosquito Abatement will remove wasps, contact them at (650) 344-8592).
Bay Side: Brisbane to Palo Alto
Hills: Woodside, Portola Valley
Coast Side: Daly City to Pescadero
Swarm Reporting for Neighboring Counties
To report a swarm outside of San Mateo County, please contact:
- Santa Clara County (San Jose) — Santa Clara Valley Beekeepers Guild
- San Francisco County — San Francisco Beekeepers Association
- Alameda County — Alameda County Beekeepers Association
- Contra Costa County (Mount Diablo) — Mount Diablo Beekeepers Association
- Marin County — Marin County Beekeepers Club
- Napa County — Beekeepers of Napa Valley
- Santa Cruz County — Santa Cruz Beekeepers Guild
- Sonoma County — Sonoma County Beekeepers Club
The Beekeepers’ Guild of San Mateo County provides this swarm and honeybee removal contact list as a service to the public. We are neither an oversight or certification organization for beekeepers. If you engage the services of anyone on the list, please be aware that you are engaging the services of that beekeeper as an individual —not hiring them as an agent of the Guild. Problems are rare, but if one occurs, it is a matter between you and the individual that you engaged to handle your bee situation. We welcome feedback but can’t mediate your situation.
Note: if you are on the swarm list and need to update your contact info, please email